Saturday, August 18, 2007

A wedding song

Sage, ivory, cocoa, gold
the day dawns on nothing old
fake lashes avoided on the whole
Maybelline’s magic was my goal

Wedding cards were printed fine
maybe it’s exciting, just the line
praying that my soul bigtime
owes to it to it’s saviour fine

Stilettoes, sandals, suedes and pumps
I chose my type, give me the trumps
carefully tightening around my ankle
they rose on it that cute little buckle

Revlon had that elusive shade
though I was told it would fade
took that chance and made my day
discounts, sales, I got my way

glow face pack, Blossom Kocchar says
maybe it was for the face
tried to stick to Biotique fruit pack
almost forgot, it’s still on the rack

Greece, Istanbul, Paris and Rome
All I was asking for was a dome
clean and clear honeymoon we want
Thomas Cook could only taunt

Blinging, panting, breaking my head
figuring out that saree on the bed
diamonds, sheer white, throaty and chic
hoping that would do the trick

Bouquets, clutches, I got many
though it all seems so funny
that flowers maketh a wedding nice
pretty, charming and free of vice

Now all that’s left for me to do
is stick that pretty veil on my head
tiaras glowing, trying to practise
on my road to endless bliss

-Blue roses

No comments: