Friday, June 15, 2007

A little you and a tiny me!

It’s the little things. The call at 2 p.m saying you’ve reached home. The scent of your CK One in a stuffed room filled with books. A hint of garlic in my pickle, and the polka dotted bow on that retro high heel at The Shoe Garage. It’s the ‘Hot Deal’ I search for in every cosmopolitan, the fine wine list at every pub, the shift dress I eyed so much at that tiny store, the diamante sandals that Reese Witherspoon wore before the trial in Legally Blonde. Maybe it’s the tiny twinkle in your eyes when you see my new shoes, or the drops of rain on my awning. The most smallest most starved most cute black-and-white-with-frizzled-fur puppy I saw outside a kirana store in Kalkaji and the spaghetti top with eyelet work I got for 50 bucks in Sarojini Market. Well, it's also the Darling girl song by Mark Knofler you sang and taught me on that night. I am all of these little things.
-Blue Roses

4 comments:

Firefoxcub said...

hmm. really doubt he noticed ur shoes though. :)
did he?

Latha said...

Well...funnily...he loves shoes too..so he notices!!! like really notices....!! detailing et al....hows storytelling doin?

jon gopal said...

good looking blog cuz!
luv, six3r :)

SwB said...

happy to see you blog again :)